Paul Langis – Superintendent of Education519-527-0111 ext. 113
Human Resources Services including: Negotiations, Contract Administration, Non-union Terms and Conditions Administration, Benefits, Payroll, Hiring, Staff attendance and Wellness, Union Liaison, Staff Development for Non-teaching Staff and Student Teachers/Associate Teachers.
The Human Resources Department works in a way that reflects the following values:
- Service: We will address the needs of our customers in a timely, professional and considerate manner.
- Teamwork: We will work together to reach our common goals in an efficient and effective way. We understand that our success as a team comes from helping each other to be successful in our individual roles.
- Communication: We will show respect, diplomacy, and sensitivity in our verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Integrity:We will interact among ourselves and with others honestly and ethically to encourage relationships built on trust.
- Respect: We will recognize and appreciate the value of individual contributions and opinions. We will show patience and sensitivity when dealing with the concerns and needs of others.
The Human Resources functions include:
- Negotiation and administration of collective agreements,
- Employee benefit administration,
- Attendance management,
- Teacher performance appraisals,
- Employee record maintenance,
- Principal and Vice Principal promotion,
We work to ensure that we hire competent staff, provide competitive salaries and benefits, and provide opportunities for employees to develop. As a resource to various levels of management, we strive to promote good working relations with our many bargaining units and employee groups and promote the development of working conditions that enhance student learning. At the core, our purpose is to promote the type of working environment that fosters student learning.
Mark Norman – Manager of Human Resource Services519-527-0111 ext. 204
The Board’s Compensation and Benefits department oversees the payroll of almost 2,200 full and part time employees. We work to ensure accuracy of information related to salaries and benefits and to meet the required deadlines for payroll deposits for all employees, full-time and part-time.
Jeanne Dionne – Chief of Human Resourcesjeanne.email@example.com
The Chief of Human Resources oversees BIPSAW/SIPSAW, Elementary Teacher Staffing and consultative duties or special projects.
Shelley King – Human Resources Administrator519-527-0111 ext. 212
The Human Resources Administrator has responsibilities in all areas of the Board’s Human Resources Department, specifically as it relates to support staff such as Office, Clerical and Technical staff, Custodians and Educational Assistants. The HR Administrator is involved in negotiations with various union bargaining units, recruitment and selection, as well as compensation and staffing.
Lynn Burke – Benefits Officer519-527-0111 ext. 248
The Benefits Officer serves as a resource to staff throughout the Avon Maitland District School Board to ensure accurate application of benefits as outlined in the Board’s Collective Agreements with unionized staff and in the Terms and Conditions for non-union employees.