The Avon Maitland District School Board invites applications for:
Full-Time Benefits Officer
Working within the Human Resources (HR) department, the Human Resources Officer (Benefits) will be responsible for the administration and maintenance of the Avon Maitland District School Board fringe benefit plans. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills will be required as communication and employee inquiry assistance will be key components within this position.
Functions and Responsibilities:
Administration and maintenance of fringe benefit plans for all eligible union and non-union employees within the Board, including the following duties:
- ensuring that eligible employees are accurately enrolled in fringe benefit plans and that premium deductions are correct and processed in a timely fashion
- processing adjustments and reconciling benefit payments due to premium changes, salary changes, or for employees going on leave of absence or retiring
- processing life insurance claims and responding to enquiries
- acting as a resource support regarding benefit issues during negotiation of collective agreements
- meeting with benefit carrier personnel to confirm implementation process, information and data requirements and timelines with respect to plan design changes
- written and verbal communication with union leaders and employees regarding benefit updates, design changes and premium changes
- presentation of benefit information at new employee orientation or retiree workshops and participation on Board/Employee Group Benefits Committee
- communicating, where applicable, with benefit carriers, agent of record, union leaders and employees regarding resolution of benefit issues
Administration of salary changes and grid movement related to qualifications and anniversary date.
Education and Experience
Minimum 2 year diploma in Human Resources Management and three years working experience in human resources/benefits administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superior telephone etiquette and strong interpersonal skills.
- Well-versed in proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and composition.
- Excellent keyboarding skills.
- Presentation skills required.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Able to work as a strong team player as well as independently.
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database systems and e-mail required.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and schedule work flow to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency with numbers
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Motivated individual with proven initiative.
- Professional appearance and manners.
This is a full-time non-union position. Hours of Work: 35 hours per week - 12 months per year
Interested applicants are requested to send a letter of application along with a resume providing a complete summary of the candidate’s qualifications and experience, as well as the name, address and phone number of three work-related references, by e-mail to the address below prior to 4:00 pm Friday, March 7, 2014. We thank candidates who submit an application and advise that only candidates who are chosen for an interview will receive a reply. Note – a criminal background check will be part of the recruitment process.
Supply Designated Early Childhood Educator (ECE)
Supply Designated ECE candidate: must have a minimum two-year community college Early Childhood Education diploma, proof of current registration with the Ontario College of early Childhood Educators, and recent experience as an ECE working in an Early Learning Centre or Day Care.
Supply Educational Assistant (EA)
Supply EA candidate: will provide physical, behavioural and/or academic support to students in integrated or self-contained settings. Excellent oral and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal and professional skills. College certificate or diploma in Educational Assistant, Child Youth Worker, Developmental Services Worker or related field, or equivalent experience required.
Supply Secretary candidate: must be competent in keyboarding and computer literacy; work independently; possess organization and multi-tasking skills; excellent oral and written communication skills. One year college level certificate or diploma in office administration on plus related work experience required.
Supply Technical Resource Assistant (TRA)
Supply Technical Resource Assistant candidate: will maintain the library; troubleshooting common computer hardware/software problems; network support; administrative and clerical tasks; supporting students with the use of technology. One year college level certificate or diploma in computer training plus related work experience required.
Supply Custodian candidate: will involve the ability to lift, climb stairs and ladders; knowledge of proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies; experience in handling machinery ie. buffing machine; and mechanical aptitude in the trades. Minimum Grade 12 Diploma required.
How to Apply:
These supply/casual call-in positions may occur at elementary or secondary schools located in Huron and Perth counties.
Interested applicants are requested to email a letter of application along with a resume, including expressed written authorization to contact 3 employment-related references.
(Insert Applicable Position Title)
Avon Maitland District School Board
62 Chalk Street, North
Seaforth, ON N0K 1W0
We thank those who submit an application and advise that only those who are chosen for an interview will receive a recruitment process. Resumes will be retained for one year.