The Avon Maitland District School Board invites applications for:
Two Year Position
The Avon Maitland District School Board (AMDSB) has an opening for a full-time Speech-Language Pathologist.The AMDSB serves a student population of approximately 16,000 pupils. The successful candidate will join an energetic and supportive group of Speech-Language Pathologists. The primary focus for this position is the implementation of an early intervention program, Kindergarten Language and Literacy in the Classroom (KLLIC), which was developed in the Hamilton Wentworth District School Board. 40 hours per week, 10 months per year, effective January 2015.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Candidates must hold a master’s degree or equivalent in speech-language pathology and must be registered with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO)
- Experience with school-aged children is preferred
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required
- In-class observation, modeling and small group instruction in Kindergarten and Grade One classrooms
- Withdrawal for assessment or programming for individuals and groups
- Development of strategies and materials to assist in implementation of programs
- Facilitation of Professional Learning Communities (PLC) for Kindergarten staffs
- Meetings with multidisciplinary or school-based teams to determine collaborative response to student needs
- Response to system demands in regard to staff development, in-service and networking
- Other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Education (Learning Services)
Applications consisting of a resume and cover letter must be received by the undersigned by 4:00 p.m. December 29, 2014
Peggy Blair, Superintendent of Education (Learning Services)
Avon Maitland District School Board
62 Chalk Street, North, Seaforth, ON N0K 1W0
Telephone (519) 527-0111
Fax (519) 527-0422
Supply Designated Early Childhood Educator (ECE)
Supply Designated ECE candidate: must have a minimum two-year community college Early Childhood Education diploma, proof of current registration with the Ontario College of early Childhood Educators, and recent experience as an ECE working in an Early Learning Centre or Day Care.
Supply Educational Assistant (EA)
Supply EA candidate: will provide physical, behavioural and/or academic support to students in integrated or self-contained settings. Excellent oral and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal and professional skills. College certificate or diploma in Educational Assistant, Child Youth Worker, Developmental Services Worker or related field, or equivalent experience required.
Supply Secretary candidate: must be competent in keyboarding and computer literacy; work independently; possess organization and multi-tasking skills; excellent oral and written communication skills. One year college level certificate or diploma in office administration on plus related work experience required.
Supply Technical Resource Assistant (TRA)
Supply Technical Resource Assistant candidate: will maintain the library; troubleshooting common computer hardware/software problems; network support; administrative and clerical tasks; supporting students with the use of technology. One year college level certificate or diploma in computer training plus related work experience required.
Supply Custodian candidate: will involve the ability to lift, climb stairs and ladders; knowledge of proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies; experience in handling machinery ie. buffing machine; and mechanical aptitude in the trades. Minimum Grade 12 Diploma required.
These supply/casual call-in positions may occur at elementary or secondary schools located in Huron and Perth counties.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are requested to email a letter of application along with a resume, including expressed written authorization to contact 3 employment-related references.
* If you submit your application through email and do NOT receive an auto reply, please call 519-527-0111 ext.242 to confirm your submission.
(Insert Applicable Position Title)
Avon Maitland District School Board
62 Chalk Street, North
Seaforth, ON N0K 1W0
We thank those who submit an application and advise that only those who are chosen for an interview will receive a recruitment process. Resumes will be retained for one year.