The Avon Maitland District School Board invites applications for:
Superintendent of Education
The Avon Maitland District School Board (AMDSB) is seeking a skilled, dynamic educational leader for the position of Superintendent of Education, beginning August 1, 2015. The AMDSB is an innovative, progressive, full service public school board serving 16,000 students, committed to maximizing student outcomes and creating positive inclusive learning environments.
The successful candidate will become a member of a strategic, high performing senior team focused on improving student achievement and well-being. Candidates will have demonstrated outstanding leadership at the system level and will have led system change. Candidates should be qualified as a Supervisory Officer or be working toward qualifications.
The successful candidate should have the ability to:
- lead and supervise a region of elementary and/or secondary schools
- assume a system-wide portfolio of responsibilities, such as Program, Learning Services, School Operations or Human Resources
- demonstrate expertise in instructional leadership and project management
- demonstrate superior leadership ability, communication and organizational skills, and proven commitment to student success
- become part of a team of dynamic system leaders
- commit to collaborative decision-making with trustees, peers, other colleagues, and community partners
Qualified candidates must submit an application package that includes:
- a one page covering letter and a detailed resume, including your most recent performance appraisal
- three professional references (including one from your immediate supervisor)
- written authorization to contact your references under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your application package electronically prior to 4:00 p.m. on Friday, April 10, 2015, to:
Ted Doherty, Director of Education
Please address the subject line in your email ‘Superintendent of Education Application’.
If you have not received an email confirmation of receipt within 24 hours, please contact Barb Crawford at (519) 527-0111 ext. 106
Supply Designated Early Childhood Educator (ECE)
Supply Designated ECE candidate: must have a minimum two-year community college Early Childhood Education diploma, proof of current registration with the Ontario College of early Childhood Educators, and recent experience as an ECE working in an Early Learning Centre or Day Care.
Supply Educational Assistant (EA)
Supply EA candidate: will provide physical, behavioural and/or academic support to students in integrated or self-contained settings. Excellent oral and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal and professional skills. College certificate or diploma in Educational Assistant, Child Youth Worker, Developmental Services Worker or related field, or equivalent experience required.
Supply Secretary candidate: must be competent in keyboarding and computer literacy; work independently; possess organization and multi-tasking skills; excellent oral and written communication skills. One year college level certificate or diploma in office administration on plus related work experience required.
Supply Technical Resource Assistant (TRA)
Supply Technical Resource Assistant candidate: will maintain the library; troubleshooting common computer hardware/software problems; network support; administrative and clerical tasks; supporting students with the use of technology. One year college level certificate or diploma in computer training plus related work experience required.
Supply Custodian candidate: will involve the ability to lift, climb stairs and ladders; knowledge of proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies; experience in handling machinery ie. buffing machine; and mechanical aptitude in the trades. Minimum Grade 12 Diploma required.
These supply/casual call-in positions may occur at elementary or secondary schools located in Huron and Perth counties.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are requested to email a letter of application along with a resume, including expressed written authorization to contact 3 employment-related references.
* If you submit your application through email and do NOT receive an auto reply, please call 519-527-0111 ext.242 to confirm your submission.
(Insert Applicable Position Title)
Avon Maitland District School Board
62 Chalk Street, North
Seaforth, ON N0K 1W0
We thank those who submit an application and advise that only those who are chosen for an interview will receive a recruitment process. Resumes will be retained for one year.