The Avon Maitland District School Board invites applications for a Strive Program Educational Assistant
There is permanent opening for a full-time Strive EA in the Stratford area. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting a caseload of students.
- Work as a part of the School Team and Learning Services Staff, to improve the behavioural literacy of specific students by developing and implementing behavioural programming which may include elements of Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA);
- Support school staff in using positive behavior strategies in an effort to have students achieve positive outcomes in the classroom and on the yard;
- Align aspects of school wide positive discipline with the intervention plans for students on caseload where relevant to the specific school;
- Support schol-based personnel and parents with plans that have been developed which meet the behavioural needs of specific students;
- Use functional behavioural assessments to develop intervention plans;
- Model specific behaviour strategies for school personnel;\
- Use positive reinforcement to improve behavioural outcomes for students;
- Participate in training sessions relevant to supporting students with behavioral concerns;Develop and implement transition plans for students with behavioural needs;
- Collect and analyze data for the purpose of assisting with the development of an intervention plan or for the revision of social skills or behavioural goals;
- Interact with students throughout the school day for the purpose of determining the most effective intervention and classroom management strategies;
- Support the mental health and well-being of students on caseload;
- Attend case conferences and other meetings related to students;
- Use de-escalation strategies to minimize or eliminate disruptive behavior;
- Communicate with parents on a regular basis in consultation with the school principal; and,
- Other duties related to the specific caseload of students as assigned by the school principal and the Superintendent of Learning Services or designate.
Job Specifications and Requirements:
- A Child and Youth Worker college diploma;
- Certification (such as the Autism Intervener Course) and experience in using all elements of applied behavioral analysis with students;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work professionally as a member of the school Special Education Team;
- Experience in treatment facilities and clinical settings with children and youth who have mental health needs;
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
- Proficient computer literacy skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Experience in a group home or treatment facility setting would be beneficial;
- Current BMS training; and,
- A valid class “G” Ontario Driver’s license and reliable vehicle as travel from school to school may be required for some assignments.
Note: The school location of this program could change during the year and may change from year-to-year depending on program needs.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a letter of application along with a resume, by e-mail to the undersigned at the Education Centre in Seaforth prior to 4:00 pm, Thursday, July 2, 2015. We thank candidates who submit an application and advise that only candidates who are chosen for an interview will receive a reply.
STRIVE EA Job Competition
Avon Maitland District School Board
The Avon Maitland District School Board invites applications for:
Supply Designated Early Childhood Educator (ECE)
Supply Designated ECE candidate: must have a minimum two-year community college Early Childhood Education diploma, proof of current registration with the Ontario College of early Childhood Educators, and recent experience as an ECE working in an Early Learning Centre or Day Care.
Supply Educational Assistant (EA)
Supply EA candidate: will provide physical, behavioural and/or academic support to students in integrated or self-contained settings. Excellent oral and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal and professional skills. College certificate or diploma in Educational Assistant, Child Youth Worker, Developmental Services Worker or related field, or equivalent experience required.
Supply Secretary candidate: must be competent in keyboarding and computer literacy; work independently; possess organization and multi-tasking skills; excellent oral and written communication skills. One year college level certificate or diploma in office administration on plus related work experience required.
Supply Technical Resource Assistant (TRA)
Supply Technical Resource Assistant candidate: will maintain the library; troubleshooting common computer hardware/software problems; network support; administrative and clerical tasks; supporting students with the use of technology. One year college level certificate or diploma in computer training plus related work experience required.
These supply/casual call-in positions may occur at elementary or secondary schools located in Huron and Perth counties.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are requested to email a letter of application along with a resume, including expressed written authorization to contact 3 employment-related references.
* If you submit your application through email and do NOT receive an auto reply, please call 519-527-0111 ext.242 to confirm your submission.
(Insert Applicable Position Title)
Avon Maitland District School Board
62 Chalk Street, North
Seaforth, ON N0K 1W0
We thank those who submit an application and advise that only those who are chosen for an interview will receive a recruitment process. Resumes will be retained for one year.