Students of Avon Maitland District School Board are invited to enrol in one summer school course with the permission of their school principal.
*** Please note: Summer School is available only to Avon Maitland DSB students. ***
- Provides an opportunity for secondary school students who have failed a course to gain the credit.
- Provides an opportunity for Grade 9 students to complete Math transfer courses to move from applied to academic level.
- Provides an opportunity for secondary students to achieve new credits.
- Assists Grade 7 & 8 students and secondary students in improving their work study habits and skill levels.
How to Register for Summer School
- Grade 7 & 8 students should obtain the registration form from their principal.
- Secondary students should acquire forms from their Guidance Department.
Grade 7 & 8 Classes
- Math Remedial Support
- Language Arts Remedial Support
- Note: offered in Clinton & Stratford
New Credit Course
Students are not required to attend at a site except to complete the final exam. All new credit courses will be offered through e-learning.
For students enrolled in SHSM (gr. 10, 11 or 12), OYAP, and students who require 1 or 2 credits in order to graduate. Students are to attend a first day orientation session at an assigned site. Teachers will contact students through email with the details.
Make-up Credit Courses
Courses will be offered through e-learning with classroom teacher support.
Note: Students taking these courses are required to attend each day at their school from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- GLC20 (may take both of these)
Locations for Make-up Credit Courses
Transportation is not provided. However, make-up credit courses are offered throughout the board and students attend at their community school.
- Central Huron Secondary School
- F.E. Madill Secondary School
- Goderich District Collegiate Institute
- Listowel District Secondary School
- Mitchell District High School
- South Huron District High School
- St. Marys District Collegiate and Vocational Institute
- Stratford Northwestern Secondary School
For inquiries from AMDSB students wishing to enrol in summer school, please contact Sue Hicks at the Education Centre, 1-800-592-5437 at ext. 110