Mandatory Training for All Staff
Accessible Customer Service
The Accessible Customer Service Standard requires that all public sector employers comply with the Standard effective January 1, 2010. Accordingly, new Administrative Procedures were released in December 2009 for the following:
- Use of Assistive Devices by the General Public
- Use of Support Persons by the General Public
- Use of Service Animals by the General Public
- Notification of Disruption of Services
- Feedback and Monitoring on Accessible Customer Service
The other mandatory component of the standard is the provision for training of all staff, contractors and volunteers that have impact on the development of Board policy or procedures or have contact with the general public. To meet this requirement, the following action is required by all AMDSB staff by March 1, 2010:
- Access the Avon Maitland District School Board on-line training module starting January 29, 2010 at: http://respectedwork.com/course/amdsb.asp
- Work through the module pages using either the recorded narrator or by reading the material and answering the questions. It will take approximately 30 minutes to complete the training. (Note: You must answer each question correctly in order to progress to the next section of the module.)
- Upon completion of the module, click on Print Certificate on the final page. When prompted, enter your employee number so that a record proving that you completed the training is generated. Human Resources staff will be following up to ensure all employees complete the training within the required time frame.
Other optional training can be accessed by going to http://www.oesc-cseo.org/ where you will find video resources to supplement an on-line training module. This is highly recommended for Principals, Vice Principals and School Secretaries.