AMDSB has once again partnered with the Stratford Festival to offer students across our board the opportunity to further develop their acting skills. This year, My Academy 2018-2019 is offering two sessions, one in Stratford in first semester and one in Goderich in second semester. The instructors for My Academy will be Stratford Festival professionals. My Academy will use Festival props, costumes, production equipment and facilities.
With limited number of spaces available for, we encourage everyone to register early!
About My Academy
An exciting partnership between the Stratford Festival and the Avon Maitland District School Board. The students will develop acting and production skills while maintaining a focus on good citizenship, inclusion and positive character development.
The depth of study has been shaped to include all aspects of the theatre world:
- Acting – Breaking down a monologue, text tools, scene study and creating a character through movement and text
- Musical Theatre – The song as a monologue, from text to song, then into dance
- Technical Theatre & Lighting – Exploration of colour for the stage and how it effects costumes
- Sound – The creation of story telling and support of the action onstage through sound
- Costumes – How to create (even on a budget) designs for the stage based on the requirements of the play
My Academy will offer students an incredible integrated arts opportunity to enrich their existing high school programming by working closely with the Stratford Festival and its artisans. The My Academy after school program combines the rigours of onstage performance practices and behind-the-scenes craftsmanship to create an experience for the student unlike any other. Working closely with artists and using state-of-the-art technical equipment, students will embark on an adventure that will culminate in an abridged production at one of Stratford’s theatres.
This program is subsidized through International Education proceeds. Students are asked to pay $300.00 to assist with the cost. Students who attend all sessions will receive a $100.00 refund for honouring their commitment to the professionals who commit to running the sessions.
Visit myacademy.yourschools.ca for more information and to register using the link provided.