The Avon Maitland District School Board (AMDSB) invites applications from skilled, dynamic, educational leaders for the position of Superintendent of Education from both internal and external applicants. The AMDSB is committed to maximizing student outcomes and creating positive, inclusive learning environments. We are an innovative, progressive public school board with 15,000 students in 40 schools serving both Huron and Perth counties including the towns of Stratford, St. Marys, Exeter, Wingham, Goderich and Listowel.
Our new Superintendent will be a collaborative member of our senior team and be ready to lead and supervise a region of elementary and secondary schools, as well as assume a system-wide portfolio of responsibilities that could include Program, Learning Services, or School Operations. Candidates must be a member of good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers and hold Ontario Supervisory Officer qualifications or be done these qualifications by August 31, 2020.
- Outstanding educational leadership, including a commitment to collaborative decision-making with trustees, peers, employees and union and community partners;
- Superior communication, organizational and time-management skills;
- Expertise in instructional leadership, assessment and evaluation and professional learning;
- Proven skill in change management;
- Core leadership capacities and personal leadership resources in accordance with the Ontario Leadership Framework; and
- Knowledge and understanding of characteristics and needs of urban and rural school communities.
Qualified candidates must submit an application package that includes:
- A covering letter, detailed resume and most recent performance appraisal;
- A one-page essay: Describe a system strategic initiative focused on student achievement which you led that has given you great professional satisfaction, and include the leadership moves that contributed to a positive outcome;
- A written consent to contact four professional referees, including current and prior supervisors.
Completed application packages must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. on Monday, November 4, 2019 to:
Dr. Lisa Walsh, Director of Education
Please address the subject line in your email ‘Superintendent of Education Application.’ If you have not received an email confirmation of receipt, please contact Barb Crawford at (519) 527-0111 ext. 106.