Perth County secondary students are encouraged to participate in a new contest intended to “educate the public on the costs of preventable vehicle thefts and solutions to this increasing problem through the creation of short, compelling videos and other visual materials.”
Occurrences of vehicle theft have risen in Perth County, and these are costly to people, communities, police, and governments alike. The “What’s the Cost” contest was established as a creative way to help raise awareness and educate the public about the reality of these preventable costs and ultimately reduce vehicle theft.
The contest is sponsored by the Perth Huron Insurance Brokers and the South Easthope Mutual Insurance Company, in partnership with the Municipality of North Perth, the Municipality of West Perth, the Township of East Perth, and Perth County OPP.
The contest is open to students in grades 9-12 who live in North Perth, West Perth, or Perth East. Entries can be individual or in teams.
Submissions can either be in the form of a video or a graphic design package consisting of a logo, a poster, and a social media graphic.
The following information is from the contest information page on the North Perth municipal website:
- Creator(s) of the top 3 videos will each win a $200 gift card
- Grand Prize Video Winner (as voted on by the public) will win an additional $500 gift card
- First Prize Logo, Social Media Graphic and Poster will win a $300 gift card
- Second Prize Logo, Social Media Graphic and Poster will win a $225 gift card
- Third Prize Logo, Social Media Graphic and Poster will win a $150 gift card
Want to Enter?
- Read the “What’s the Cost?” Contest Details
- Create your video and/or logo, social media graphic and poster
- Download and complete the Consent Form.
- Submit your entry, video and/or media files and completed consent form through the Online Contest Entry Form.
Submissions are due by 4:30 p.m. on May 1, 2019.
Good luck! We are excited to see the winning submissions!