SchoolMessenger is designed to automatically notify parents for reasons that affect the safety and academic performance of students. SchoolMessenger extends AMDSB’s existing community outreach efforts and emergency preparedness procedures, as well as inform parents of upcoming school events such as EQAO provincial testing, school council meetings, parent-teacher interviews, 40 hour community involvement opportunities, and more!
SchoolMessenger is intended to enhance our existing methods of communication – not replace them. We will only use SchoolMessenger to provide information to you that is timely, relevant and important.
The use of SchoolMessenger is available for use in all AMDSB schools.
Sign up to receive Text Messages
Text Messages – Opt-In Instructions
From your mobile device text Yes to 978338
Types of Messages You May Receive
- School/District related emergency impacting school district
- Weather-related school delays and closures
- Power outage or other issues during the school day which causes school to end early
- Community emergency impacting families
- School activities and events
- School Council and other school-related groups/agencies messages
Please note: Although AMDSB does not charge you for this service, it does not pay for text message charges that may be incurred by you for sending or receiving text messages. Check with your wireless carrier for possible charges.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.