On September 28th, 2018 the the government launched consultations on education reform. The second component of these consultations have now begun and include a series of 90 minute telephone town halls across Ontario. Space is limited to a first-come, first served basis so you should register your spot in advance.
- Participants are to provide their telephone number and email address to register for each session. This must be done by 4 p.m. the day before the town hall.
- Participants will receive an email reminder about the telephone town hall the day before the call, or if the consultation session is cancelled
- Participants that don’t register, can try calling directly into the toll-free number: 1-800-385-0829.
You can also participate using the following methods:
- An online submission form, available now, allows people, organizations or groups to provide their views on any of the consultation topics. Submissions can also be sent to the ministry by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An online survey, available in English and French, with questions that relate to the key themes below.
The consultations are intended to focus on the following topics:
- How to improve student performance in the disciplines of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM);
- How our schools are preparing students with needed job skills;
- What more can be done to ensure students graduate with important life skills, like financial literacy;
- How to build an updated and age-appropriate Health and Physical Education curriculum that includes subjects like sexual health education, mental health and the legalization of cannabis;
- What measures can be taken to improve standardized testing;
- What steps schools should take regarding the use of technology in classrooms, such as the use of cell phones; and
- What elements would participants like to see included in the Ministry of Education Parents’ Bill of Rights.
For up-to-date information on all of the ways people can participate, please visit fortheparents.ca.