There is an opening for a permanent part-time (0.50) Basic Custodian at Sprucedale Public School in Shakespeare, Ontario.
The Basic Custodian duties may include:
- change lights
- shovel snow
- operate snow blower
- clean and inspect roof
- operate grass cutting equipment
- perform minor repairs
- conduct health and safety checks
- service roof top unit
- operate and maintain all equipment
- perform all minor and major cleaning
The ideal candidate should possess:
- the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb stairs, ladders and scaffolding;
- mechanical aptitude with experience in 1 or more of the trade disciplines eg. plumbing, electrical, carpentry;
- exemplary interpersonal, professional and organizational skills;
- the ability to use a computer eg. GAFE;
- experience in handling machinery ie. buffing machine, lawn mowers, snowblowers; and,
- knowledge of proper usage of hazardous chemicals and cleaning supplies.
Hours of work: 20 hours per week. Permanent 12-month position. Shift work is involved.
Rate of pay: Wage range in accordance with the Basic Custodian grid, UNIFOR Collective Agreement.
Effective date: Immediately
Interested applicants are requested to send a letter of application along with a resume providing a complete summary of the candidate’s qualifications and experience, as well as the name, address, phone number and e-mail of three work-related references, by e-mail to the address below prior to 4:00 pm on Friday, November 15, 2019. We thank candidates who submit an application and advise that only candidates who are chosen for an interview will receive a reply.
Sprucedale Basic Custodian Job Competition
Avon Maitland District School Board
The AMDSB is committed to equity in employment and equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect diversity in our communities. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.