There is an opening for a permanent full-time Executive Assistant (Level 3) to the Director’s Office at the Education Centre in Seaforth. We are looking for an energized team player who brings strong initiative and organizational skills to work as an assistant to support the Administrative Assistant to the Director.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Confidential Administrative/Secretarial Support to the Director’s Office
- provide administrative support, including private and confidential executive secretarial assistance to the Board of Trustees, and also to the Director’s Office as assigned;
- assist in preparation of board reports, and preparation and distribution of Board agenda;
- in the absence of the Administrative Assistant to the Director of Education, provide accurate recording of meetings including Minutes of the Senior Staff meetings, Board meetings, and Ad Hoc Committee meetings;
- maintain, review, and update all Board Policies, Administrative Procedures, and Administrative Guidelines;
- assist with meeting and event preparations/amenities;
- maintain all records and files as required for the efficient operation of the Board of Trustees and the Director’s Office;
- assume other duties/tasks as may be necessary; and,
- assume essential tasks in the absence of the Administrative Assistant to the Director.
Job Specifications and Requirements:
- Two-year post-secondary education in secretarial/office administration and three years of secretarial/administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Degree in Political Science would be an asset;
- Competency in a computerized environment utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, internet, and e-mail as well as scanners and other office equipment;
- Ability to accurately and quickly record and transcribe verbatim meeting minutes;
- Excellent keyboarding and computer-literacy skills, including proven working knowledge of industry-standard office programs;
- Ability to problem-solve, prioritize and multi-task in a busy environment;
- Proven professional, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and a high degree of confidentiality;
- Demonstrated ability to work co-operatively in a team environment; and,
- The ability to adjust schedule to accommodate evening and weekend meetings as required.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week
Rate of pay: In accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Employment for Non-Union, Management, Administrative and Supervisory Employees.
Effective Date: Immediately
Interested applicants are requested to send a letter of application along with a resume providing a complete summary of the candidate’s qualifications and experience, as well as the name, address and phone number of three work-related references prior to 4:00 p.m., Friday, January 18, 2019. We thank candidates who submit an application and advise that only candidates who are chosen for an interview will receive a reply.
Executive Assistant to the Director’s Office Job Competition
Avon Maitland District School Board
The AMDSB is committed to equity in employment and equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect diversity in our communities. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.
Note – A criminal background check will be part of the recruitment process.