There is an opening for a permanent full-time Basic Custodian at Milverton Public School.
The Basic Custodian duties may include:
- change lights
- shovel snow
- operate snow blower
- clean and inspect roof
- operate grass cutting equipment
- perform minor repairs
- conduct health and safety checks
- service roof top unit
- operate and maintain all equipment
- perform all minor and major cleaning
- The ideal candidate should possess:
- the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb stairs, ladders and scaffolding;
- mechanical aptitude with experience in 1 or more of the trade disciplines eg. plumbing, electrical, carpentry;
- exemplary interpersonal, professional and organizational skills;
- the ability to use a computer eg. GAFE;
- experience in handling machinery ie. buffing machine, lawn mowers, snowblowers; and,
- knowledge of proper usage of hazardous chemicals and cleaning supplies.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, 12 months per year. Shift work is involved.
Rate of Pay: $20.37 to $20.82 per hour along with competitive fringe benefits and OMERS pension as per the UNIFOR Collective Agreement.
Effective Date: Immediately
Interested applicants are requested to send a letter of application along with a resume providing a complete summary of the candidate’s qualifications and experience, as well as the name, address and phone number of three work-related references prior to 4:00 p.m., Friday, February 15, 2019.
Please apply via email to: email@example.com with “Basic Custodian – Milverton PS” in the subject line.
We thank candidates who submit an application and advise that only candidates who are chosen for an interview will receive a reply.
The AMDSB is committed to equity in employment and equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect diversity in our communities. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.
Note – A criminal background check will be part of the recruitment process.