Avon Maitland District School Board invites applications for Permanent & Temporary Full-Time & Part-Time Basic Custodians and Supply Custodians
The Basic Custodian duties may include:
- Change lights;
- Shovel snow and operate snow blower;
- Clean and inspect roof;
- Operate grass cutting equipment;
- Perform minor repairs;
- Conduct health and safety checks; and
- Service roof top unit.
- Operate and maintain all equipment; and
- Perform all minor and major cleaning.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs., climb stairs, ladders and scaffolding;
- Mechanical aptitude with experience in one or more of the trade disciplines eg. plumbing, electrical, carpentry;
- Exemplary interpersonal, professional and organizational skills;
- The ability to use a computer eg. Google Suite; Smart Find, etc.
- Experience in handling machinery ie. buffing machine, lawn mowers, snowblowers; and,
- Knowledge of proper usage of hazardous chemicals and cleaning supplies.
Permanent Full-Time & Part-Time Basic Custodians
Hours of Work: 40 Hours per week for full-time; 20 hours for part-time, 12 months per year
Rate of Pay: $20.81 per hour
Temporary and Supply Custodians
Rate of Pay: $17.59 per hour
Interested applicants are requested to submit a letter of application along with a resume to the Avon Maitland District School Board in Seaforth at the Education Centre (62 Chalk Street, N) no later than 4:00 p.m. on October 5, 2018.
Subject: Permanent / Supply Custodian position
The AMDSB is committed to equity in employment and equitable hiring practices that allow us to engage qualified staff who reflect diversity. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.
Note – A criminal background check will be part of the recruitment process. We thank those who submit a resume and advise that only those who are chosen for an interview will receive a reply.