The Avon Maitland District School Board invites Applications for a Planning, Accommodation and Energy Officer, effective immediately.
Serving over 15,000 students, the Avon Maitland District School Board (AMDSB) is an innovative Board with facilities covering Huron and Perth Counties, including the City of Stratford and rural communities bordering the beautiful shores of Lake Huron.
Reporting to the Facilities Administrator at the Education Centre corporate office in Seaforth, Ontario, the incumbent provides technical and analytical support in areas of geographic information systems, school capacities, boundaries analysis, enrolment projections and potential school consolidations contributing to the overall development and maintenance of the Facilities Long-Term Plan. The position also is responsible for the energy management and conservation efforts at the Board’s facilities.
- Maintenance and development of Geographic Information Systems (GIS);
- Bi-annual student data cleansing and geocoding;
- Create mapping and spatial analysis for the Facilities department;
- Provide technical analysis for the Facilities Short and Long Term Plans;
- Direct liaison with other organizations to collect geographic related data;
- Maintain and utilize databases, for energy management and conservation efforts;
- Prepare plans and reports in compliance with relevant legislation i.e. Green Energy Act;
- Act as resource for schools with respect to energy and environmental management;
- Provide technical analysis and creation of departmental reports as requested; and,
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Undergraduate degree or Postgraduate Certificate in related field: geography, GIS or other;
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge of GIS (i.e. ESRI products);
- Computer literate with advanced skills in spreadsheet applications, database management and demographic software (i.e. Excel, Access, MPAC, and Paradigm Shift Technologies – SPS Plus Software);
- Highly developed mathematical, analytical and research skills;
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated understanding of cartographic principles;
- Working knowledge of renewable resources, greening projects, eco schools initiatives and global issues;
- A team player with a proven record of job competence combined with a reliable employment record;
- Demonstrated ability to make clear presentations regarding complex issues.
This is a permanent full-time position governed by the Non-Union/Management Terms and Conditions of Employment, which provides a competitive salary, benefits and pension plan.
Interested applicants are requested to send a letter of application along with a resume providing a complete summary of the candidate’s qualifications and experience, as well as the name, address and phone number of three work-related references, by e-mail to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 17, 2018. We thank candidates who submit an application and advise that only candidates who are chosen for an interview will receive a reply.
The AMDSB is committed to equity in employment and equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect diversity in our communities. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process. Note: A satisfactory criminal background check will be part of the recruitment process.