There is an opening for a Summer Program Leader – International Education.
The Avon Maitland District School Board’s International Student Program is hiring a Student Leader to work with the Teacher Leader for its International Summer Program – Capture Canada in July. The position is open to a student currently enrolled in a post secondary institution or senior high school student. Preference will be given to post secondary students whose field of study is in Recreation and Leisure, Program Management, Child Development, or Culture and Recreation and Event Management. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
Program leaders will be involved in the supervision of international students ages 12-15, and will lead recreation, sports and fitness activities in the evenings, and accompany the group, where possible, for special events and excursions, and perform the following duties:
- Plan and carry out recreational, athletic, fitness, sports and cultural activities
- Assemble the necessary equipment needed for activities
- Demonstrate and instruct athletic, fitness, sports and culture activities and techniques
- Attend to clients with special needs
- Conduct recreational or athletic activities
- Monitor recreational, sports, fitness and leisure activities to ensure safety and provide emergency or first aid assistance when required
- Enforce safety rules and regulations
- Assist with coordination of other camp events
- Schedule activities
- Train and supervise other students as assigned
Lifeguard qualifications and valid First Aid/CPR would be an asset. Familiarity with Mandarin would be beneficial. A valid driver’s license and personal vehicle is preferred.
Start Date: July 2, 2019 to July 31, 2019 (Sundays, Monday to Friday evenings)
Hours of work: 25 hours per week (must be flexible as this could include an all day field trip)
Rate of Pay: $16.50 per hour + 4% vacation pay
Interested applicants are requested to submit a letter of application along with a resume to email@example.com no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, June 14, 2019.
The AMDSB is committed to equity in employment and equitable hiring practices that allow us to engage qualified staff who reflect diversity. We will make any reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, to support candidates to participate in the hiring process.
Note – A criminal background check will be part of the recruitment process. We thank those who submit a resume and advise that only those who are chosen for an interview will receive a reply.
Dr. Lisa Walsh
Director of Education