There is a Temporary Literacy Practitioner (Online) position available at The Centre for Employment and Learning in Huron and Perth County.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality, learner-centred online service that helps adults develop and apply communication, numeracy and digital skills to achieve goals related to employment, apprenticeship, secondary credit, post-secondary education and independence;
- Deliver competency-based, goal-directed, contextualized online programming that clarifies the connections between literacy development and the real-life tasks learners perform in work, learning and community contexts;
- Provide learners with five Literacy Basic Skills (LBS) services: Information and Referral, Assessment, Learning Plan Development, and Training and Follow Up;
- Monitor progress of shared/blended learners through ongoing communication with classroom and other e-Channel literacy practitioners; coordinate service for administration of common assessments and documentation of Milestone and Culminating Task completions; and
- Performing other job-related duties and responsibilities as required.
Job Specifications and Requirements:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, critical thinking and analytical skills;
- Proven ability to develop, adapt and facilitate online instruction;
- Knowledge of literacy, numeracy and basic skills;
- Ability to use computer technology to teach and communicate with online adult learners;
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs including advanced Excel features;
- Knowledge of Essential Skills/Ontario Adult Literacy Curriculum Framework;
- Expertise in Synchronous and Asynchronous learning platforms including but not limited to: Plato, LearnScape, Moodle and SABA; and
- Adult Literacy Learner Certificate, Adult Education Certificate, or Equivalent.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, 12 months per year
Rate of Pay: $23.01 per hour
Start Date: Immediately
Interested applicants are requested to submit their resume to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 13, 2019. If you have any questions please contact the HR Help Desk at 519-527-0111 ext. 242. We thank those who submit a resume and advise that only those who are chosen for an interview will receive a reply.
Upon request, we will provide reasonable accommodations in the hiring process to support applicants with disabilities.
Dr. Lisa Walsh Coleen Shcenk
Director of Education Chair