Jane Morris – Superintendent of Education – Program519-527-0111 ext. 116
The Program Services team is responsible for the implementation, review, and development of teaching and learning initiatives. Our mandate is to provide support for teachers from K through Grade Twelve. Our Program Team is committed to the continual professional development of our teachers through a wide range of learning opportunities.
As a team we value:
- collaborating with superintendents, principals and teachers to develop clear, measurable goals for professional learning that focus on literacy, numeracy, and student achievement
- staying informed about current research, promising practices, and high yield strategies
- participating in professional learning activities that are shared with teachers to strengthen their knowledge about teaching and learning
- creating and delivering professional learning activities at the board and/or school level
- supporting school teams in the development of professional learning and school improvement plans
- developing support documents and recommending appropriate resources and materials for effective instruction and for professional learning
- supporting individual teacher’s needs
- connecting with parents and community partners to support student learning
April Smith – System Principal – Program519-527-0111 ext.134
My role is to provide support for student achievement. This support includes professional development for teachers and principals in professional learning. Co-ordination and work with outside agencies including School Nutrition Partnership, Healthy School Initiatives, and Health Units are all important areas linked to this role as well.
Adrienne Jacques – System Vice-Principal, Program519-527-0111 ext. 127
My role as System Vice-Principal, Program, is to provide support for student achievement with specific focus on Early Years.
Sandy Kunkel – MISA Lead519-527-0111 ext. 311
I support staff in the process of using evidence to inform instruction. This role includes acting as the MISA lead and the Board’s liaison with EQAO (Education Quality & Accountability Office) for the Grade 3 & 6 Assessment of Reading, Writing and Mathematics, Grade 9 Assessment of Mathematics and the Grade 10 Literacy Test (OSSLT), and coordinating all requests for internal and external research.
Laurie Long – School Effectiveness Lead519-527-0111 ext.
As the DSB School Effectiveness Lead (SEF), I work with the various departments to support the District with the development and implementation of the Board Improvement Plan for Student Achievement and Wellbeing (BIPSAW). I also work with schools to support the development and implementation of the School Improvement Plan for Student Achievement and Wellbeing (SIPSAW).
Don Pottruff – Numeracy Program Coordinator (K-8)519-527-0111 ext.129
I provide professional development opportunities for teachers and administrators, support schools and divisions on school curriculum issues and goal setting, and consult with individual teachers on units, lessons and equipment. My area of focus is math and science. I also help organize our annual Sci-Tech Encounters Science Fair and Techno-Challenge held each spring.
Jodi Regier – Primary Program Coordinator519-527-0111 ext.139
I provide professional development opportunities for teachers and administrators, support schools and divisions on school curriculum issues and goal setting, and consult with individual teachers on units, lessons and equipment. My area of focus is literacy. I also help organize our annual Sci-Tech Encounters Science Fair and Techno-Challenge held each spring.