Jane Morris – Superintendent of Education – Program519-527-0111 ext. 116
The Program Services team is responsible for the implementation, review, and development of teaching and learning initiatives. Our mandate is to provide support and resources for teachers for the Ontario Curriculum from JK through Grade Twelve. Our Program Team is committed to the continual professional development of our teachers through a wide range of learning opportunities.
As a team we value:
- collaborating with superintendents, principals and teachers to develop clear, measurable goals for professional learning that focus on literacy, numeracy, and student achievement
- staying informed about current research, promising practices, and high yield strategies
- participating in professional learning activities that are shared with teachers to strengthen their knowledge about instruction and their skills in coaching, modeling, and assessing
- creating and delivering professional learning activities at the board and/or school level
- supporting school teams in the development of professional learning and school improvement plans
- developing support documents and recommending appropriate resources and materials for effective instruction and for professional learning
- supporting individual teacher’s needs
- connecting with parents and community partners to support student learning
April Smith – System Principal – Program519-527-0111 ext.134
My role is to provide support for student achievement. This support includes professional development for teachers and principals in school based inquiry projects connected to literacy. Co-ordination and work with outside agencies including School Nutrition Partnership, Healthy School Initiatives, and Health Units are all important areas linked to this role as well. i am also the Board’s School Effectiveness Lead.
Lynda Hemming – System Vice-Principal, Program519-527-0111 ext. 135
My role as System Vice-Principal, Program, is to provide support for student achievement\ with specific focus on numeracy.
Adrienne Jacques – System Vice-Principal, Program519-527-0111 ext. 127
My role as System Vice-Principal, Program, is to provide support for student achievement with specific focus on Early Years.
Sandy Kunkel – MISA Lead519-527-0111 ext. 311
I support classroom teachers in the process of our Board’s Assessment, Evaluation and Reporting Procedure. This role includes acting as the Board’s liaison with EQAO (Education Quality & Accountability Office) for the Grade 3 & 6 Assessment of Reading, Writing and Mathematics, Grade 9 Assessment of Mathematics and the Grade 10 Literacy Test (OSSLT).
Don Pottruff – Numeracy Program Coordinator (K-8)519-527-0111 ext.129
I provide professional development opportunities for teachers and administrators, support schools and divisions on school curriculum issues and goal setting, and consult with individual teachers on units, lessons and equipment. I also help organize our annual Sci-Tech Encounters Science Fair and Techno-Challenge held each spring.
Jodi Regier – Primary Program Coordinator519-527-0111 ext.139
My role is to support principals, teachers and students in the primary division (Kindergarten to Grade 3), particularly in the areas of literacy, the arts, and social studies. I enjoy providing professional development opportunities for staff, recommending and purchasing resources for students and teachers, and visiting schools to demonstrate lessons, and talk with teachers and parents.