- Provides an opportunity for secondary school students who have been unsuccessful to gain the credit.
- Provides an opportunity for Grade 9 students to complete a Grade 9 Math transfer course to move from applied to academic level.
- Provides an opportunity for secondary students to achieve new credits, including co-op credits.
How to Register for Summer Learning
Secondary students should acquire forms from their Guidance Department.
New Credit Course
Students are not required to attend at a site except to complete the final exam. All new credit courses will be offered through e-learning. Students begin July 4th & must be completed by August 14th.
(one or two credit)
Priority will be given to students enrolled in SHSM (gr. 10, 11 or 12), OYAP, and students who require 1 or 2 credits in order to graduate. Students are to attend a two days at an assigned site. Teachers will contact students through email with the details.
(for students who were unsuccessful in the completion of a mandatory or e-learning course)
Courses will be offered through blended learning with classroom teacher support.
Note: Students taking these courses are required to attend each day at their school from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Transportation may be provided.
Courses offered at
- F.E. Madill Secondary School
- Goderich District Collegiate Institute
- Listowel District Secondary School
- South Huron District High School
- Stratford Northwestern Secondary School
For inquiries from AMDSB students wishing to enrol in summer school, please contact Audrey Rooseboom at the Education Centre, 1-800-592-5437 at ext. 124